Prevention & Management of Cardiovascular Risk and Disease
- Moderator Introduction and Case Presentation: Leslie Cho, MD
- Identifying and Treating Resistant Hypertension: Luke Laffin, MD
- The Role of Lipoprotein(a) in CV Disease: Steven Nissen, MD
- Applications of Machine Learning in Exercise Physiology and Preventive Cardiology: Erik Van Iterson, PhD
- Approaches to LDL-C Lowering – What is New in 2021: Leslie Cho, MD
- SGLT-2 Inhibitors and Glucose-Lowering Therapies for CV Risk Reduction: Dennis Bruemmer, MD, PhD
- Surgical Interventions for Advanced Atherosclerosis : Faisal Bakaeen, MD
- Presenter Panel Discussion
- Recognize the implications of diabetes on cardiovascular disease and tailor management accordingly
- Assess the recommendations for lipid and hypertension management
- Discuss treatment options and clinical decision-making for patients with advanced atherosclerosis
This online series is designed for physicians, allied health practitioners and students interested in complex cardiovascular and thoracic conditions.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient's medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. In no event will The Cleveland Clinic Foundation be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
In accordance with the Standards for Commercial Support issued by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education requires resolution of all faculty conflicts of interest to ensure CME activities are Free of commercial bias.
The following faculty has indicated they have no relationship which, in the context of their presentation(s), could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Erik Hoon Van Iterson, PhD, Steven E Nissen, MD, Dennis Bruemmer, MD, Faisal Bakaeen, MD,
The following faculty has indicated that they may have a relationship, which in the context of their presentation(s) could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Eric E Roselli, MD, Activity Director: Abbott - Teaching and Speaking. Cook Medical - Teaching and Speaking. Cryolife, Inc. -Consulting. Edwards Lifesciences - Teaching and Speaking. LivaNova, PLC - Consulting, Teaching and Speaking. Medtronic - Consulting. Terumo - Teaching and Speaking. W.L. Gore & Associates - Consulting. Luke Laffin, MD: Medtronic - Membership on advisory committee or review panels. Vascular Dynamics Inc - Membership on advisory committee or review panels. Leslie Cho, MD: Amgen - Consulting, Research / Independent Contractor. Astrazeneca Pharmaceuticals - Consulting. Esperion - Research / Independent Contractor. Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Research / Independent Contractor.
For further information about this activity, contact Katie Breznai at [email protected]