100 Years of Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Care at Cleveland Clinic
- Introduction by Moderator: Lars G. Svensson, MD, PhD
- History of Lipid Research & Prevention of CVD: Steven Nissen, MD
- Thoracic Surgery From the First 50 Years Compared to Present-Day: Sudish Murthy, MD, PhD
- Coronary Angiography Discovery & Interventional Advancements: Samir Kapadia, MD
- 50+ Years of CABG: Faisal Bakaeen, MD
- Cardiac Surgery: Techniques of the Past & Present: A. Marc Gillinov, MD
- Innovations in Aorta Surgery: Eric Roselli, MD
- Heart Failure & Transplantation Milestones: Jerry Estep, MD
- Evolution of Heart Assist Devices: Edward Soltesz, MD
- Pacemakers to Ablation & Beyond – the Growth of a Sub-Specialty: Oussama Wazni, MD
- Lung Transplant History & Recent Developments: Kenneth McCurry, MD
- Transformation of Vascular to Endovascular Surgery & Back: Sean Lyden, MD
- Data Registry Establishment: Research Then & Now: Eugene Blackstone, MD
- Recognize the discovery of moving cine-coronary angiography and how it revealed the natural history of coronary artery disease
- Discuss the world’s first coronary artery bypass surgery and current day advancements
- Describe the first minimally invasive heart valve surgery and state of the art updates.
Complete CME process to claim your credit ›
This online series is designed for physicians, allied health practitioners and students interested in complex cardiovascular and thoracic conditions.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient's medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. In no event will The Cleveland Clinic Foundation be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
In accordance with the Standards for Commercial Support issued by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education requires resolution of all faculty conflicts of interest to ensure CME activities are Free of commercial bias.
The following faculty has indicated they have no relationship which, in the context of their presentation(s), could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Lars Svensson, MD, PhD, Steven E Nissen, MD, Faisal Bakaeen, MD, Sudish Murthy, MD, Oussama Wazni, MD, Eugene H
Blackstone, MD, Kathleen Breznai.
The following faculty has indicated that they may have a relationship, which in the context of their presentation(s) could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Eric E Roselli, MD, Activity Director: Abbott - Teaching and Speaking. Cook Medical - Teaching and Speaking. Cryolife, Inc. -
Consulting. Edwards Lifesciences - Teaching and Speaking. LivaNova, PLC - Consulting, Teaching and Speaking. Medtronic - Consulting. Terumo - Teaching and Speaking. W.L. Gore & Associates - Consulting. Jerry Dean Estep, MD: Abbott - Consulting, Teaching and Speaking. Medtronic - Membership on advisory committee or review panels. Samir Kapadia, MD: Navigate - Ownership interest (stock, stock options). Edward Soltesz, MD: Abbott Vascular - Teaching and Speaking. Abiomed - Teaching and Speaking. Edwards Lifesciences - Teaching and Speaking. A. Marc A Gillinov, MD: Abbott - Consulting. Atricure - Consulting. ClearFlow Inc. - Consulting, Ownership interest (stock, stock options). Cryolife, Inc. - Consulting. Edwards Lifesciences - Consulting. Medtronic - Consulting. Sean s Lyden, MD: Abbott Vascular - Consulting. Boston Scientific - Consulting. Endologix - Consulting. Intact Vascular - Consulting. Medtronic - Consulting. PQ Bypass, Inc. - Consulting. Philips Healthcare - Consulting. Shockwave Medical Inc. - Consulting. VIVA Physicians - Board Membership. Centerline Biomedical - Consulting. Penumbra, Inc. - Consulting. Kenneth McCurry, MD: Abiomed - Other activities from which remuneration is received or expected: Medical Advisory Board.
For further information about this activity, contact Katie Breznai at [email protected]